Job title: Accounts Assistant
Working closely with the Financial Accountant and finance team, the Accounts Assistant will perform financial control and financial reporting related processes, primarily looking after the accounts payable process of the Bank.
Gatehouse Bank plc is a Shariah-compliant challenger bank based in London and is part of the Gatehouse Financial Group of companies. It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority. Founded in 2008, the Bank operates in accordance with Shariah principles and offers savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
• Process purchasing invoices via Bank’s automated invoice solution and ensuring prompt payment;
• Handling company expenses and corporate credit card claims;
• Bank reconciliations – daily and monthly;
• Supplier account reconciliations;
• Petty cash reconciliations;
• Responsible for BACS run and ensuring prompt payment of invoices;
• Filing and scanning invoices;
• To assist in the various reporting around the month-end and quarter-end.
Required knowledge & skills:
• Intermediate WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint skills
• Able to work in a disciplined and organised manner
• Good organisational and problem-solving skills
• ‘Client’ or ‘service’ orientated approach
Beneficial knowledge & skills:
• Good business writing skills
• Able to work autonomously from the outset
• Must be innovative, providing solutions which are appropriate for the business and fit for purpose.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels;
• Confident assertive character able to adapt in demanding circumstances;
• Attention to detail.
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
• 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
• Pension Plan
• Private medical insurance
• Critical illness cover
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com