Job title: Business Development Manager - Residential Finance
To identify, build and manage relationships with distribution partners of the Bank with a view to achieving business growth through the formulation and development of Sales and Marketing strategies to achieve set business volume targets in an ethical and complaint manner.
Gatehouse Bank plc is a Shariah-compliant challenger bank based in London and is part of the Gatehouse Financial Group of companies. It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority. Founded in 2008, the Bank operates in accordance with Shariah principles and offers savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
- Define and implement a business strategy for the geographic area of responsibility by creating, maintaining and developing key intermediary relationships
- Work with Head of Home Finance Business Development to develop a sales strategy to proactively identify and research new and existing business opportunities within the allocated geographic boundary
- Identify opportunities to regularly contact high volume business producers within each identified partnership with a view to further growth potential
- Establish, execute and maintain a regular communication strategy with all distribution partners (face to face, telephone and email)
- Work alongside internal stakeholders to ensure proposed solutions are in keeping with Bank and Shariah compliant standards
- Follow up the on boarding of new brokers to help forge strong working relationships with new brokers
- Develop an awareness and training strategy for our potential and existing broker partners on the product and service offering of GHB to support them utilise GHBs offering to meet the needs of their customers
- Maintain effective records and awareness of the broker panel within your territory
- Utilise Shariah compliant marketing and sales support materials where appropriate
- Promote the profile and increase the awareness of GHB through seminar and networking events
- Remain cognisant and maintain knowledge of current market trends and competitor propositions
- Comply with all applicable regulations and laws relating to business development ensuring compliance with the FCA’s Code of Conduct at all times in the execution of duties.
- Act as an ambassador for GHB by demonstrating the company values in all dealings with both external relationships and internal colleagues/stakeholders
- Whilst taking individual responsibility for the delivery of personal objectives also play a key role in the wider Home Finance Business Development team by supporting colleagues and making contributions to activities such as team meetings and conference calls.
Skills / Education
- Knowledge and awareness of the Intermediary Finance Market
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative whilst contributing to the wider team achievements
- Experienced in effectively managing B2B relationships preferably in the Intermediary Finance Market
- Effective communication skills to support the delivery of arrange of broker interactions including one to ones, team meetings and seminar type presentations
- A strong numeracy capability to support educating brokers increase their knowledge and understanding of the GHB product offering
- General awareness of Shariah compliant residential finance
- Risk and Regulatory standards awareness
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong internal collaboration with key departments (e.g. Operations, Marketing, Credit and Compliance)
- Whilst not mandatory there will be an expectation that individuals will work to achieve full CeMap qualifications within 12 months of taking up the role
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
- 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Pension Plan
- Private medical insurance
- Group dental insurance
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com