Job title: Compliance Officer
To support the MLRO in discharging their AML responsibilities. This role is responsible for ensuring that the Bank remains fully in compliance with all statutory and regulatory obligations through active management of all aspects of financial crime, in addition to the development of responses to new regulatory developments.
Founded in 2007, we are a challenger bank that operates in accordance with Shariah principles, with offices in London, Milton Keynes and Wilmslow. We offer personal and corporate savings products and finance for UK residential and commercial property, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments.
- To deputise for the MLRO in their absence and contribute professional experience and gravitas to the management of the Bank’s anti-money laundering policies and procedures
- To provide oversight and observations as to the full AML cycle from client on-boarding to monitoring and reporting, managing, and ensuring all aspects of financial crime are accounted for
- To assist the MLRO in identifying, assessing, mitigating, and controlling all financial crime risks and transaction monitoring issues proactively (Financial crime systems and controls, Fraud, electronic crime, Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, Bribery and Corruption, Market Abuse, Insider Dealing, Sanctions and Asset Freezes, and Information Data Security) and, as required, undertake the full scope of the MLRO role with respect to financial crime risks as delegated and or in the MLRO’s absence
- To assist in ensuring an assessment of the effectiveness and robustness of the Anti-Money Laundering controls are carried out as part of the Compliance Monitoring programme. Anti-Money associated procedures are reviewed annually. Assisting in the review of the firm’s policies and procedures for countering the risk that the firm might be used to further financial crime
- To assist as required in provision of monthly stats and observations, and the annual MLRO report to the Board Risk & Compliance Committee, “BRCC”), delivering the status and issues relating to money laundering, terrorist financing, financial fraud and Anti Bribery
- Identifying the money laundering risks, the DMLRO considers a range of factors to be taken into consideration, these include, the customer base and products of Gatehouse Bank plc, the distribution channel used, the complexity and volumes of transactions and the operating environment and the associated conduct behaviours displayed by GB staff in BAU
- To establish and demonstrate thorough knowledge of all relevant regulatory requirements (FCA and PRA), including those of FATF, JMLSG, EU ML Directives, the sanctions regime, the Bribery Act and to translate these requirements into policies and procedures for the Bank
- To develop subject matter expertise of all AML/financial crime requirements relevant to the Bank in the form of policies, procedures and training
Required skills & knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking and investment principles.
- Knowledge of Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Investments, SPV investment transactions.
- Good understanding and experience of all elements of compliance with regulatory requirements and the deployment of training, reporting and controls within an organisation.
- Knowledge of AML, Anti Bribery and Corruption and Data Protection Act.
- General Compliance and MCOB specialism, Real Estate Advisory Experience
Beneficial skills & knowledge
Knowledge of JMLSG guidance as applied in a provision of finance to customers who are on-boarded into the Bank. Proficiency in Excel, GRC solutions (Xanctium)
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Able to demonstrate authority where necessary
- Self-starting and able to work autonomously
We offer a highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
- 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Pension Plan
- Private medical insurance
- Group dental insurance
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org