Job title: Field Based Direct Adviser
The purpose of this role is to provide customers with advice and recommendation on the most suitable home finance product to suit their needs, priorities and circumstances. This role will cover the Midlands with a key focus on the Birmingham area.
To source and progress new Regulated (Home Purchase Plan) and Non-Regulated (Buy To Let) home finance applications through to completion.
Working in accordance with the Banks values, scope of service, regulatory and compliance requirements whilst maintaining excellent customer satisfaction.
Working closely with the Head of Customer Engagement (Midlands) to build strong relationships in the local community and build on existing relationships from within the Midlands area.
Gatehouse Bank is a subsidiary of Gatehouse Financial Group Limited, which is a holding company for Gatehouse Bank (based in London and Milton Keynes) and Gatehouse Capital (based in Kuwait). Gatehouse Bank is a Shariah-compliant bank offering savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
- Generate new business opportunities in order to achieve new business goals
- Meeting with customers in person to provide full advice and recommendation on Home Purchase Plans and Buy to Let transactions
- Recommend the most suitable product, term and payment method to suit the customer’s needs, priorities and circumstances
- Ensure the sales procedure is followed at all times
- Track potential customers and follow up enquiries
- Provide a high-quality service to customers in a compliant manner
- Obtain and maintain competence and complete self-learning to ensure continued professional development.
- Complete extensive due diligence on home finance applications adopting a host of credit assessment skills to recommend the basis on which risk is taken.
- Development of existing customer relationships to ensure business retention and growth.
- To achieve set individual targets in a variety of areas and to contribute towards the overall performance of the Commercial and Home finance business, whilst minimising the risk of losses.
- Provide ongoing MI, tracking lead source and outcomes
- Ensure that market, sector and Regulatory knowledge is continuously developed and maintained
- Understand and abide by the principles of Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly
- Maintain and adhere to the Senior Managers Regime
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
- Attend Networking at community events
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Proven experience in a Mortgage advisory capacity
- Candidate must have competent adviser status
- Experience within the specialist Buy to Let mortgage sector.
- A detailed understanding of banking credit processes
- Proven ability to extract key financial information for individuals, partnerships and companies
- Excellent telephone manner
- Computer literate with an ability to work with common IT platforms
- Team player and excellent relationship builder
- Driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage products (inc. Secured Lending)
- Understanding of Sharia Banking – Desirable
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
- 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Pension Plan
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness cover
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com