Job title: Operational Delivery Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
The Operational Delivery Manager will work closely with the Head of Operational Delivery developing and executing the Bank’s operational strategy in line with risk appetite of the business and its policies. The position is responsible for change and operations, including the end-to-end customer journey. The role is subject to the FCA’s Certified Regime as well as the main Code of Conduct rules.
Gatehouse Bank is a subsidiary of Gatehouse Financial Group Limited, which is a holding company for Gatehouse Bank (based in London and Milton Keynes) and Gatehouse Capital (based in Kuwait). Gatehouse Bank is a Shariah-compliant bank offering savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
• Working closely with ExCo to ensure the successful delivery of Change within the Bank to ensure it is able to meet its strategic aims;
• The proactive identification of opportunities to improve the performance in the key strategic priorities of the Bank;
• Ensure projects are approved in accordance with agreed governance;
• Driving the Change and Operations activity
• Being a key contributor to the Operational strategy consistent with the Banks overall direction. Responsible for delivery of this strategy.
• Ensuring that the customer journey is seamless throughout the customer life-cycle by delivering best in class service.
• Responsibility for the identification and mitigation of Operational risks in line with the risk appetite set by the Board
• Delivery of Operational change to ensure successful implementation of transformation within the department and to drive continuous systems improvement
• Effectively manage the development of business cases for major projects, taking into account the needs of stakeholders, technical strategy, costs, benefits and delivery requirements.
• Ensuring the delivery of a fully compliant on-boarding process to include brokers, suppliers and customers
• Development and maintenance of Operational policies
• Identify opportunities to improve business process and implement changes to enhance the customer experience and operational effectiveness
• Oversight and management of key suppliers to ensure that they continue to provide high quality products and services in line with contractual commitments (including servicing provider, valuations, solicitor panel, software and data providers)
• Ensuring that TCF principles are embedded throughout the customer life-cycle (including outsourced suppliers)
• Ensure that the governance framework, policies and procedures of all outsourced providers are sufficiently robust
• Create and conduct an effective first line monitoring approach for third parties
• Create, monitor, gain approval for and maintain the mandate structure to control the actions of all outsourced providers
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
• Strong change management skills in a fast paced working environment
• Excellent understanding of reporting mechanisms
• Strong ability to analyse information, and make informed judgements
• Ethical and procedural standards
• Project Management skills to include strong stakeholder management
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
• Understanding of Shariah Banking
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
• 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
• Pension Plan
• Private medical insurance
• Critical illness cover
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com