Job title: Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Working as a key member of the risk team to ensure the Credit Risk function is robust and managed within the key requirements of the business.
Gatehouse Bank is a subsidiary of Gatehouse Financial Group Limited, which is a holding company for Gatehouse Bank (based in London and Milton Keynes) and Gatehouse Capital (based in Kuwait). Gatehouse Bank is a Shariah-compliant bank offering savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
• Provide data driven insights to the bank, from new business origination through to arrears management whilst providing the business with the optimal analytical framework to make sound judgment based decisions on new lending requests.
• Responsibility for analysing portfolio trends and making recommendations for changes and improvements to product range, application process, strategy design and operations processes.
• Building and developing analytical capability within the organisation to design, monitor and enhance credit risk strategies and policies.
• Develop an analytical and reporting framework that supports broader enterprise-wide activities such as business plan stress testing.
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
• Support the development of a strong team with high standards of risk awareness and ethical behaviour.
• Ensure that the Bank is managed safely by understanding and following all Bank policies, procedures and regulations, escalating any issues to line management on a timely basis. This includes notification of all risk events
We are seeking a mid-level professional but would welcome junior professional level candidates who are looking for the step up that have solid exposure to credit risk analysis from a recognised firm
Required knowledge & skills:
• You must have excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills, using analytical methods to provide practical value based solutions.
• Knowledge of residential mortgages
• Hands on experience and solid knowledge of analysis software languages e.g. SAS, Palisade at Risk
• Highly proficient using Excel and other analysis tools
• Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas/insights to non-technical members of the team
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
• 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
• Pension Plan
• Private medical insurance
• Critical illness cover
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com