Job title: Treasury Manager
To assist the Treasurer in developing and managing the Bank’s corporate dealing activities with particular focus on Asset and Liability Management (ALM) and cash modelling.
Gatehouse Bank plc is a Shariah-compliant challenger bank based in London and is part of the Gatehouse Financial Group of companies. It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority. Founded in 2008, the Bank operates in accordance with Shariah principles and offers savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
- Daily management of the ALM function – specifically managing the bank’s liquidity, IRRBB exposures and monitoring of the Bank’s overall cost of funds ensuring alignment with the business model and the internal funds transfer pricing model;
- Working closely with asset generating areas to ensure profit margins are monitored and optimised through use and further development of the internal funds transfer pricing model (FTP);
- Working closely with Risk Management and Finance in the production of management information pertaining to the balance sheet, including but not exclusively P&L, net profit margins, liquidity ratios, profit rate risk reports and regulatory buffer requirements;
- Execution of daily money market transactions, including FX and capital market transactions;
- Sourcing and collating external inter-bank Treasury agreements and managing the approval process in line with Bank policies;
- Attending, as required by line manager, ALCO or other deal team meetings as Treasury support or representative;
- Managing and developing the new apprentice, to ensure he has a thorough understanding of the Treasury function and is successful in his apprentice course.
Required knowledge & skills:
- Working knowledge of treasury cash book management;
- Working knowledge of asset and liability management – IRRBB and Liquidity Risk measurement methodologies (knowledge of hedging strategies and execution beneficial).
- Strong modelling capabilities using relevant software: Advanced Excel and VBA skills required. Must be comfortable working with large, dynamic datasets
Basic knowledge & skills:
- Knowledge of financial markets;
- Knowledge of yield curves
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team, sharing knowledge and skills
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
- 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Pension Plan
- Private medical insurance
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com