Job title: Underwriter
Location: Milton Keynes
The purpose of this role is to underwrite and process all new consumer finance applications from receipt of application through to offer of the loan. The incumbent will be required to ensure service levels are maintained whilst being mindful of the Credit Risk Governance frameworks in operation within the Bank, such as KYC and Fraud Awareness.
Gatehouse Bank plc is a Shariah-compliant challenger bank based in London and is part of the Gatehouse Financial Group of companies. It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority. Founded in 2008, the Bank operates in accordance with Shariah principles and offers savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
- Apply and adhere to all Financial Crime Policies in operation within GHB
- Liaise with initial broker and/or BDM leads according to defined internal SLA
- Review initial case assessments according to internal policy and set SLA
- Full case approval and underwriting in accordance with internal SLA
- Compose lending rationale that ensures lending decisions is clearly structured and documented without escalation to the underwriter
- Manage other ad hoc tasks to ensure swift procession of cases
- Liaise with borrowers and brokers throughout the finance approval process
- Collaborate with legal advisors and valuers
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
- Credit Referencing report understanding
- RICS Valuation
- Application Scoring
- Risk awareness
- Regulatory standards awareness - MCOB
- Influencing skills (negotiation, persuasion, leadership)
- Stakeholder Management
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
- 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Pension Plan
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Group dental insurance
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com