Gatehouse Bank Names Macmillan Cancer Support as it's Charity of The Year
- Cancer charity chosen by staff as bank's inaugural Charity of the Year
- Monthly fundraising events to include mini Olympics, bake sale, and 'wear green to work' day
Macmillan Cancer Support is today named as Gatehouse Bank’s inaugural Charity of the Year – with a host of fundraising events to take place over the coming months.
Staff at the bank were asked to choose which charity they would like to back, and the vital work of Macmillan received the most votes.
Macmillan Cancer Support is one of Britain’s largest charities, and provides specialist health care and financial support to patients battling cancer.
To support its new Charity of the Year, employees of Gatehouse Bank will take part in a fundraising event every month.
Staff have already competed in the Milton Keynes Marathon and Half Marathon on 6th May as well as 5k and 10k races at Run Regent’s Park on 9th June.
Other events planned by employees include:
● July: Macmillan staff will join the fun at a Mini Olympics summer event.
● August: Staff to make donations to ‘wear shorts to work’ day.
● September: Games, coffee and cake on offer as neighbouring businesses are invited to a Macmillan coffee morning.
● October: Employees to take part in a 5k Big Fun Run in Victoria Park, London.
● November: Staff will show off their cookery skills in the Bank-wide bake sale.
● December: Employees will wear green T-shirts, jumpers and wigs for a dress down day.
Employees are also being encouraged to come up with their own fundraising activities for the charity, with Senior Credit Risk Analyst Ramesh Swaminathan already preparing to take on the South Coast Challenge, a 100km continuous walk, in August.
Donation boxes supplied by Macmillan are being placed in the reception areas of Gatehouse Bank’s offices in central London and Milton Keynes. Greetings cards donated by an employee based in Milton Keynes are also being sold for donations to Macmillan.
Charles Haresnape, CEO of Gatehouse Bank, said:
“Gatehouse Bank and all of its employees are immensely proud to be supporting the vital work done by Macmillan Cancer Support.
“Cancer has affected the lives of so many of our employees, families and friends. The staff voted overwhelmingly to raise money for Macmillan.
“Employees have already embraced numerous fundraising efforts, with many enthusiastically taking part in the Milton Keynes Half Marathon and Marathon.
“This is the first time that Gatehouse Bank has chosen a Charity of the Year, and we’re going to do our best to raise as much money for Macmillan Cancer Support as we can.”
Paresh Nar, Senior Fundraising Manager, spokesperson for Macmillan Cancer Support, said:
“I am really pleased that Gatehouse Bank have chosen to support Macmillan with their fundraising. They have already kicked of the partnership with colleagues taking part in runs in Milton Keynes and London.
“I am looking forward to supporting Gatehouse Bank surpass their fundraising target of £15,000 and support Macmillan’s aim; to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can, providing physical, financial and emotional support”