From your first enquiry to your first tenants, our Buy-to-Let purchase plans work in a similar way to a conventional mortgage.
Why finance your Buy-to-Let with us?
We provide a range of Buy-to-Let property finance solutions for UK residents, UK Expats, International residents and corporate entities looking to purchase or refinance residential investment property across England and Wales.
Our Buy-to-Let purchase plans offer you a Shariah-compliant alternative to a mainstream Buy-to-Let mortgage, with competitive rates and an ethical approach. You can use it just like a conventional mortgage to buy or refinance your property.
With a Buy-to-Let purchase plan you buy the property jointly with us - your deposit is your stake, and we fund the rest. Once all your payments are made, you acquire the property and the deed of the property transfers to you. You are free to sell the property any time, and there are no early payment charges.
Our Buy-to-Let services include:
- Portfolios welcome – no limit on the number of properties (maximum finance £5m)
- Finance available to individuals (employed and self-employed) and corporate entities which include Limited Companies, LLPs (Limited Liability Partnerships) and SPVs (Special Purpose Vehicles)
- Day one refinances from cash and bridging purchases permitted
- Finance available for Houses and Flats (including new build), as well as HMOs (Houses in Multiple Occupation) and MUFBs (Multi-Unit Freehold Blocks)
- Available to first time landlords where existing property ownership is not a requirement
- Finance provided up to 80% of the property value up to £1m, and up to 70% of the property value up to £5m, over a maximum 30-year term for UK residents or 25-year term for UK Expats and International residents
- Personal income can be used for rental top ups where a shortfall exists (terms apply)
- No early payment charges on any product
Am I eligible?
You can apply for Buy-to-Let finance if you meet these criteria:
- Buying property in England or Wales
- Seeking finance of at least £75,000
- Minimum age 21 years; maximum age 99 years at end of finance term (terms apply)
- Earning at least £18,000, or £20,000 for portfolios & £25,000 for HMOs/MUFBs (for UK residents) or £25,000 (for UK Expats and International residents)
- Applications for BTL Portfolios, HMOs and MUFBs are welcome from applicants who have either 2 years letting and financing experience as a standard BTL landlord or 1 year as an HMO landlord
- We will consider finance applications from applicants residing in over 150 different countries. For more details see our Home Finance Applications - Countries Checklist.
Here to help
To help answer all your questions, we have a comprehensive FAQ section. We also have some handy calculators you might find useful, along with details of all our products. Links to these pages can also be found below.
Get in touch
We have a team of experienced and qualified advisers on hand to help you every step of the way. We offer a full advice service and do not charge a fee for advice given. Alternatively, we also offer an execution-only (non-advised) service for our Buy-to-Let customers. We’d love to hear from you - find out the different ways to get in touch.
Buy-to-Let purchase plans - the mortgage alternative for landlords
Our Calculators are here to help
Buy-to-Let Affordability Calculator
Our calculator covers Buy-to-Let (BTL), Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) and Multi-Unit Freehold Blocks (MUFB).Go to calculator
How much will it cost me?
Find out how much your monthly payments could be.Go to calculator
Rental Yield Calculator
Find out what your gross and net rental yield could be on any single property or your entire portfolio.Go to calculator
What our customers are saying about us
“I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation for your professionalism, integrity, patience and understanding due to the tight deadline. You have exhibited a solid understanding of my needs as a customer. I am sincerely grateful to have your guidance, advice and cooperation. You have shown that everything is possible because professionalism, quality and persistence exist in your company.”
– Sokrates I, OmanApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“The process has been significantly more efficient compared to our prior experience using a broker. The time-frame for finance approval was vastly reduced. You have been a critical factor in us achieving the finance approval. The application process was clear and executed very well. With you on our side, we’ve had peace of mind throughout the process.”
– Anam K, AustraliaApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“We have felt very well taken care of with you on our side as an advocate.”
– Saif M, MiddlesexApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“Thank you so much for making this happen so quickly. You did such a great job and you’re obviously excellent at what you do. Gatehouse is lucky to have you. You are extremely professional, polite, caring, efficient, and knowledgeable. It’s a pleasure working with you.”
– Emmanuel X, Los AngelesApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“I just want to say, I love the services Gatehouse Bank provides and the service we have had has been absolutely amazing with no issues at all.”
– Ahmed S, LondonApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“Thank you for your exceptional professionalism and the timely manner in which you dealt with all my queries.”
– Junaid A, LondonApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“I spoke to an adviser. She was very professional and she made the initial application (assessment) process seamlessly pain-free. I found her trustworthy, honest and customer focused. She took ownership of my case from start to the end. She is a true professional and a customer focused person.”
– Muhammad K, BarkingApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
These products fall outside the scope of regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Property values might increase or decrease and might not provide adequate income to cover your finance payments and associated costs.
YOUR RENTAL PROPERTY MAY BE AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP THE PAYMENTS ON YOUR BUY TO LET PURCHASE PLAN.