We are here to support UK Expats needing Buy-to-Let finance in either England or Wales with our Shariah-compliant Buy-to-Let mortgage alternative product offering. Whether you are looking to buy or refinance an individual Buy-to-Let property or a portfolio of properties, Gatehouse Bank is here to help.
Why finance your UK Expat Buy-to-Let mortgage alternative with us?
We provide a range of Buy-to-Let mortgage alternatives for UK Expats looking to purchase or refinance residential investment property across England or Wales.
Our UK Expat Buy-to-Let purchase plans offer you a Shariah-compliant alternative to a mainstream Buy-to-Let mortgage, with competitive rates and an ethical approach. You can use it just like a conventional UK mortgage to buy or refinance a Buy-to-Let property. We offer ’Acquisition and Rent’ products (the Shariah-compliant alternative to a conventional repayment mortgage) and ‘Rent Only’ products (the Shariah-compliant alternative to a conventional interest-only mortgage).
As a UK Expat, our Buy-to-Let purchase plans allow you to buy the property jointly with us - your deposit is your stake, and we fund the rest. Once all your payments are made (including any final lump sum payments for Rent Only applications), you acquire the property and the deed of the property transfers to you. You are free to sell the property any time (Early Redemption Charges may apply) and any profit made on the sale is retained by you.
Our UK Expat Buy-to-Let mortgage alternatives include:
- Portfolios welcome – no limit on the number of properties (maximum finance £5m)
- Finance available to individuals (employed, self-employed and contractors) and UK registered corporate entities which include Limited Companies, LLPs (Limited Liability Partnerships) and SPVs (Special Purpose Vehicles)
- Day one refinances from cash and bridging purchases permitted
- Finance available up to 80% of the property value or purchase price (whichever is the lower) up to £2m, 75% up to £3m, and 70% up to £5m. For HMOs/MUFBs 75% up to £2m and 70% up to £5m
- Finance is available up to a maximum of 25 years
- Green Finance Products are available to UK Expats which carry a discounted rate of 0.10% off the standard product rate (terms apply, see eligibility below)
- Finance available for Houses and Flats (including new build)
- Finance permitted for HMOs (Houses in Multiple Occupation) and MUFBs (Multi-Unit Freehold Blocks) with no upper limit on rooms or flats
- Available to first time buyers and first time landlords where existing/previous property ownership is not a requirement
Am I eligible for a Buy-to-Let UK Expat mortgage alternative?
You can apply for UK Expat Buy-to-Let finance if you meet these criteria:
- Buying or refinancing property in England or Wales
- Seeking finance of at least £75,000 and up to £5m
- Minimum age 21 years; no maximum age limit at end of finance term (terms apply)
- Green Finance Products are available to UK Expats where properties have an EPC rating of A or B. More information can be found here
- We do not have any ‘minimum’ income requirement for self-funding Buy-to-Lets however evidence of income must be provided
- Applications for Portfolios, HMOs and MUFBs are welcome from applicants who have either 2 years letting and financing experience as a standard Buy-to-Let landlord or 1 year as an HMO landlord
- All applicants must be able to read, speak and understand English to a level that they are fully aware of all obligations and requirements when entering any financing arrangement with the Bank
- We will consider finance applications from applicants residing in over 150 different countries. For more details see our Home Finance Applications - Countries Checklist
Here to help UK Expats
To help answer all your questions, we have a comprehensive Buy-to-Let FAQ section. We also have some handy Buy-to-Let mortgage alternative calculators you might find useful, along with details of all our UK Expat Buy-to-Let products.
Next steps for UK Expats looking for Buy-to-Let finance
We have a team of experienced and qualified staff on hand to help UK Expats every step of the way. We offer an execution-only (non-advised) service for our Buy-to-Let customers. UK Expats can simply get in touch by using our online enquiry form, or alternatively you can telephone us - find out the different ways to get in touch.
UK Expat Buy-to-Let purchase plans - the mortgage alternative for UK Expat landlords
Our Calculators are here to help
Buy-to-Let Affordability Calculator
Our calculator covers Buy-to-Let (BTL), Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) and Multi-Unit Freehold Blocks (MUFB).Go to calculator
How much will it cost me?
Find out how much your monthly payments could be.Go to calculator
Rental Yield Calculator
Find out what your gross and net rental yield could be on any single property or your entire portfolio.Go to calculator
These products fall outside the scope of regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Property values might increase or decrease and might not provide adequate income to cover your finance payments and associated costs.
YOUR RENTAL PROPERTY MAY BE AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP THE PAYMENTS ON YOUR BUY TO LET PURCHASE PLAN.