From your first enquiry to your moving date, our home purchase plans work in a similar way to a conventional mortgage.
Why finance your home with us?
We provide a range of property finance solutions for UK residents, UK Expats and International residents looking to purchase or refinance residential property across England and Wales.
A home purchase plan offers you a Shariah-compliant alternative to a mainstream mortgage, with competitive rates and an ethical approach. You can use it just like a conventional mortgage to buy or refinance your home.
With a home purchase plan you buy the property jointly with us – your deposit is your stake, and we fund the rest. Once all your payments are made, you acquire the property and the deed of the property transfers to you. You are free to sell the property any time, and there are no early payment charges. Any profit made on the sale is retained by you.
Our Home Purchase Plans
- Available for customers who are employed, self-employed, contractors or temporary workers (terms apply)
- Finance available up to:
- 95% of the property value for UK resident first-time buyers only (terms apply)
- 90% of the property value for UK residents seeking home purchase or refinance
- 80% of the property value for UK Expats seeking home purchase or refinance
- 75% of the property value for International residents seeking home purchase or refinance
- Finance provided for:
- Homes (including new build) up to 95% of the property value
- New build flats up to 90% of the property value
- We provide ‘Acquisition and Rent’ finance which is the Shariah-complaint alternative to a conventional repayment (capital & interest) mortgage
- Gifted deposits are allowed from immediate family members including guardians, step relatives and adoptive parents
- Up to 4.5 times income will be considered, subject to affordability
- Finance available up to 95% of the property value up to £500,000, 80% up to £1m, and up to 70% of the property value up to £2.5m, over a maximum 35-year term
- No early payment charges on any product
Am I eligible?
You can apply for home finance if you meet these criteria:
- Buying property in England or Wales
- Seeking finance of at least £100,000 and up to £2.5m
- Minimum age 18 years (UK residents) / Minimum age 21 years (UK Expats / International residents). Maximum age at end of finance term 75 years or retirement age if earlier
- Earning at least £15,000 (UK residents) or £20,000 (for products above 80% of the property value) / £25,000 (UK Expats / International residents)
- A first-time buyer is defined as someone that has never owned or been party to finance on a property in the UK or elsewhere
- We will consider finance applications from applicants residing in over 150 different countries. For more details see our Home Finance Applications – Countries Checklist
Here to help
To help answer all your questions, we have a comprehensive FAQ section. We also have some handy calculators you might find useful, along with details of all our products. Links to these pages can also be found below.
Get in touch
We have a team of experienced and qualified advisers on hand to help you every step of the way. We offer a full advice service and do not charge a fee for advice given. We’d love to hear from you - find out the different ways to get in touch.
Home purchase plans - the mortgage alternative
What our customers are saying about us
“Good service and reasonable rates for Islamic financial products.”
– Mohamad A, Sutton ColdfieldApply for Home Finance and Contact Us
“Our adviser was very professional, always calm and extremely helpful in our mortgage application process. I was overseas when the application was made, making the application more complicated and difficult. Without our adviser's continued support I may have chosen to take a different route to getting a mortgage. Well done and thanks again.”
– Joseph P, South KoreaApply for Home Finance and Contact Us
“My family and I cannot thank you enough. The service you provided us with was first-rate and we want offer our sincerest gratitude for all the hard work you have done. The speedy email responses that you provided was vital in allowing the solicitors to conduct their works, and you responded to each one professionally was so reassuring. Where I am constantly finding that companies are providing poor customer service, you were the complete opposite.”
– Andrew S, DubaiApply for Home Finance and Contact Us
“It is not easy to do a property transaction as a British expat 6,000 miles away from the UK. When challenges happen you need a team that is committed to their work and in finding "win-win" solutions and to take the lessons learned into the future. The only way to get to the finish line is to have patience, to communicate and to provide the information required..then things will happen with Gatehouse and that has been my experience ...thank you, gracias.”
– Pancho N, JohannesburgApply for Home Finance and Contact Us
“As a first time buyer, I had several questions. I sent in my enquiry and within a space of few hours, I received a callback. I spoke to an adviser who listened to my questions and explained the full process thoroughly. His customer service skills and knowledge was exceptional. Having spoken with him, I am eager to use Gatehouse Bank for my Shariah finance. I am happy I spoke to someone as now I have a better understanding of the process. Thank you!”
– Sofia J, MaidenheadApply for Home Finance and Contact Us
“The adviser navigated me through the complicated process of refinancing my property with a Shariah compliant lender, always on hand to answer my questions and expiating were possible. I would not hesitate to recommend her.”
– Abdul H, LondonApply for Home Finance and Contact Us
“I am really happy with the adviser's support and professionalism in completing my application. The whole process was a very thorough and a long-winded one, but we eventually got there. Thanks to the adviser's help and his 'easy to approach' mannerism.”
– Shah S, ManchesterApply for Home Finance and Contact Us
YOUR HOME MAY BE AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP THE PAYMENTS ON YOUR HOME PURCHASE PLAN.